I made Gaby guess what we were having for dinner tonight and after I had supplied the hints that it had meat and cheese in a crunchy shell, she correctly guessed tacos. I asked her how many she was going to eat and she said, "100!" So I said I was going to eat 200! Then she said she'd eat 900! Then I said I'd eat 1 million! Then she said she'd eat 2 million! Then I said I'd eat 9 million! And that seemed to be about the limit of tacos we could possibly ingest. However, she has learned to count to 100 and decided she needed to show me. So she did, accurately and without help, then told me to count to 9 million. I protested that it was too large a number and that we'd be counting forever so she settled for me counting to 200. Once I reached 200 she said I wasn't done and got back to trying to get me to count to 9 million. I kept fending her off until she got exasperated enough to do it for me: "one thallion, 2 thallion, 3 thallion, 4 thallion, 5 thallion, 6 thallion, 8 thallion-" Me: "you forgot 7 thallion," "7 thallion, 8 thallion, 9 thallion, 1 million, 2 million, 3 million, 4 million, 5 million, 6 million, 7 million, 8 million, 9 million! See?"
I had to praise her, right?
She's also learned to climb trees. She had no help getting in or out of this tree:
No comments:
Post a Comment