Gaby has been enjoying oatmeal for breakfast on a regular basis, especially since it now comes in so many wonderful flavors, mostly [Insert Fruit] & Cream. (I only remember maple & brown sugar.) This morning I must not have put quite as much milk in and when I took it out of the microwave and set it on the butcher block, I commented, "Oh, it's a little too thick."
Gaby: "Daddy, what does thick mean?"
Corey: "It means there's not as much liquid in it, it's a little bit stiff when you stir it."
Gaby: "Oh."
Corey [thinking she's not quite satisfied]: "Do you know the opposite of thick?"
Gaby: "Sturdy?"
Corey: "Nooo, that kind of means the same thing. The opposite of thick is thin. Like matzah ball soup."
Gaby: "Oh! And I'm thin. So you're thick, Daddy."
Yes, good job, thank you, darling. Now here's a jackhammer, eat your oatmeal.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment